Modern Theatre Production
At the end of the course, participants are able to:
- Handle all aspects of practice in a selected modern theatre production.
- Solve production issues through involvement in all staging aspects.
- Manage the aspects of theatre techniques including special effects, lighting, make-up, set building, props management and design/selection of costume as well as stage management, theatre management, promotion and publicity.
- Implement a modern theatre performance as a team.
- Introduction to modern theatre – History and the development of Verbatim Theatre
- Characteristics and elements of Verbatim Theatre
- Presentation of idea and production concept.
Appointment of production team and delegation of tasks
Meeting – budget planning
- Script reading session
- Rehearsal – script reading
Meeting – monitoring of early development
- Rehearsal Meeting – decision of set and costume design
- Rehearsal Photography session for promotion/ publicity
- Rehearsal Promotion and Publicity
- Penyelesaian masalah
Rehearsal Meeting – report of progress from all units
- Rehearsal Meeting – Marketing strategy
- Rehearsal Meeting – scenography team
- Rehearsal Stage and technical inspection
- Final preview
Assessment through Discussion session
- Final performance in any week (examination week)
Dr. Marlenny Deenerwan
Pensyarah, Fakulti Seni Kreatif
Semester 1 2021/2022 (Start on 18 Oktober 2021)
Wednesday: 2.00 pm - 5.00 pm
- Certificate of Achievement (with assessment)
- Certificate of Completion (without assessment)
RM2,002 (Certificate of Achievement)
RM1,702 (Certificate of Completion)