Network & Security
(Master of Data Science subject)
This course is designed to provide a practical survey of network security applications and standards. The emphasis on applications that are widely used on the internet and for corporate networks, and on standards, especially internet standards that have been widely deployed.
At the end of the course, participants are able to:
1. Describe the cryptography algorithms and protocols.
2. Explain important network security tools and its application.
3. Solving the problem of system-level security issues, including threat of and countermeasures for malware, intruders and the use of firewall.
Tutorial 1 / Tutorial 1
2. Symmetric Encryption and Message Confidentiality
Tutorial 2 / Tutorial 2
3. Lab 1
4. Public Key Cryptography and Message Authentication
Tutorial 3 / Tutorial 3
5. Lab 2
6. Key Distribution and User Authentication
7. Network Access Control and Cloud Security
Tutorial 4 / Tutorial 4
8. Mid Sem Test
9. Wireless Network Security
10. Malicious Software
Tutorial 5 / Tutorial 5
13. IP Security
Dr. Saaidal Razalli Bin Azzuhri,
Lecturer, Department of Computer System & Technology,
Faculty of Computer Science & Information Technology
- Friday (6.00 pm- 9.00 pm)
Semester 2/2022 (Starting on March 2022)
MM3, Faculty of Computer Science & Information Technology
- Certificate of Achievement (with assessment)
- Certificate of Completion (without assessment)
RM3,082(Certificate of Achievement)
RM2,618(Certificate of Completion)