Business Analytics for Managers: Data Driven Decision Making
Business Analytics is the core component of any business. There is an abundance of data in a business that needs to be extracted, distributed, and analyzed in a way that brings productivity to the business.
Managers who are leading their organizations have to play the lead role in shaping the direction and planning the strategies on who, what, when, where and how should data analytics be applied in the different parts of the organization. Modern organisation managers or specialists are expected to decipher insights from an organisation-wide IT system and be able to provide precise analysis and recommendations for senior managers/executives.
To do this effectively means parsing through tonnes of data to recognise and analyse patterns using the best tools for the job. This course will provide an in-depth understanding of how to use business analytics to derive meaningful insights for business, thus building their capability and confidence in using data analytic as part of their job role.
- Leverage business analytics understanding to formulate business strategy
- Understand the significance of analytics in business perspective.
- Determine which is the most appropriate type of analysis for business decisions
- Gain an understanding of what makes for a successful business analytics project
- Acquire an understanding of how to manage a business analytics project
- Business Analytics Fundamentals - Fundamental of business analytic includes understanding the business objective, the data, the roles of Business Analyst and challenges and future of business analytics
- Business Analytics Applications – Understanding types of analytics such as descriptive, predictive and prescriptive, level of analytics and a quick introduction to data science concept.
- Data Science for Business – Understanding data Science pipeline; data pre-processing, model development and evaluation.
- Data Visualization – Understanding data visualization techniques and tools and best practices in data visualization
- Business Managers across different functions
- Business owners
- System Engineers
- Business Analysts
- IT Systems Analyst
- Healthcare Data Analyst
- Operations Analyst
AP Dr. Nor Liyana Mohd Shuib
Department of Information System
Faculty of Computer Science & Information Technology
FEES (RM)/PER PAX
UMCCED/UM STAF/ALUMNI (DISCOUNT 20%)
3 days online
- 29 December 2021 (Wednesday): 2pm - 5pm (3 hours)
- 30 December 2021 (Thursday): 9am – 12pm/2pm - 5pm (6 hours)*
- 31 December 2021 (Friday): 9am – 12pm/2pm - 4pm (5 hours)*
*Dates are subject to change