Competency Certificate in Retail Operations
Course Code: CCRO
Retail Industry functions as one of the largest workforce in Malaysia but there are very limited accredited learning programs for the retail area. The Competency Certificate in Retail Operations program allows participants to enhance their workplace skills, knowledge and relevant hands- on experience needed to propel their career in the retail industry.
- To provide opportunity for Malaysians who are interested to pursue a career in retail operations.
- To acknowledge and increase participants’ career leverage through a competency certificate from University of Malaya (UM).
- To reduce unemployment rate in Malaysia by increasing the number of well-equipped retail talents for the local retail industry.
- To decrease dependency on foreign workforce by preparing and providing a steady supply of job-ready local talents.
- To boost national economic growth through the empowerment of retail front-line employees’ knowledge and skills.
By the end of the programme, participants should be able to:
- pursue their career in the retail industry.
- analyse the customer’s traffic flow and strategize the shop merchandising.
- communicate with customers effectively and sell proactively.
- manage customers’ complaints better.
- follow the safety guidelines at the retail site.
- SPM leavers
- Those who would like to enhance their employability by acquiring professional certificate
- Retail front liners who want to upskill themselves
- Fresh graduates who have the passion for sales and customer service
- Retail Merchandising & Inventory Management
- Retail Sales, Marketing and Promotion
- Retail Customer Experience & Complaints Management
- Human Resource Management & Safety Management and Risk Control
- In-class session : 4 days
- On-the-job training : 4 days
- Job Opportunity
- Full certification from Universiti Malaya
- HRDF Claimable – SBL Khas
- Participant’s personal development