Coaching for Educators
Brochure Coaching for Educators
Brochure Certificate in Coaching Practice (CCP)
Brochure Certificate Professional Coaching Consultant Practitioner (CPCCP)
Brochure Coaching Consultant Practioner Certificate (CCPC)
Organized by Universiti Malaya Centre for Continuing Education (UMCCed), Coaching for Educators is a professional certification program for participants from different education systems, such as public/private education providers, religious schools, home-schools, and other Professional Learning Networks (PLN) that require the coaching approach as an intervention to improve students’ outcomes of learning.
This Program will help participants to discover their potential in ways that they can contextualized their personal approach to teaching, learning and educational management. The following objectives are designed for this program:
- Understanding the Fundamentals of Coaching in Education
- Application of Coaching in Theories, Concepts, and Models of Education
- Implementing coaching in education program
- Management of Educational Coaching Systems, Processes, and Evaluation
As a program outcome, each participant will have to produce their niche area for coaching practice through proper process, documentation and for grading purposes.
Educators from various educational systems, both private and public sectors, international to local participants. This course is offered for adult learners wanting to be a Certified Coach in Education. As such, the criteria for entrance and fulfillment are listed as follows:
- Participants is/is embarking an educationist or practitioner in the context of education
- No minimum academic requirements
- Participants must complete the whole module in this program
This program in carried out through blended learning, and contains:
- Nine sessions (9 am-4 pm, Spread over every fortnight, twice in a month)
- 1 Coaching Practicum Report Presentation session
- 1 Examination session
As such, the total program consists of 10 Sessions (6 hours/session) + 1 exam (2 hours) = 62 hours. The program content could be delivered On Site (UMCCed), Off-Site (Clients’ Place) or Online depending on situation. If program is conducted off-site, there must be a minimum of 10 participants. For full online session, this program could also be offered on a 1-to-1 basis subject to the availability of the trainer.
[Medium of Instructions is generally in English, and in some cases bilingual between Malay and English language if needed]
Topics for this Program would cover the following (but not limited to):
- The Coaching Fundamental
- Types of Coaching styles in education
- Significance of Coaching for Educators
- Coaching Principles for Educators
- Theoretical Roots of Coaching
- Educators’ Profile Assessment
- Coaching Models in Education
- Coaching Competencies and Skills for Educators
- Establishing the Coaching-Coachee Relationship
- Interpersonal communication for educators
- Facilitating Teaching and Learning
- Developing an educational coaching profile
Number of Students per cohort: Min 10- Max 40 pax per cohort
Price of the Program is RM2500/pax.
Commencement date: October 2020 (Estimated)
Frequency of Intake Per Year: Depends on each ready person(s)/cohort.