Master of Instructional Technology (Instructional Design)
This programme will produce knowledgeable, innovative and skilled graduates who are able to enhance the quality of teaching in various contexts through research in the field of instructional technology.
- A Bachelor of Education degree with a CGPA of at least 3.00 or an equivalent degree
- A Bachelor’s degree with a CGPA of at least 3.00
(i) Post graduate Diploma in Education with a CGPA of 3.00
(ii) A teaching qualification recognised by the University;
(iii) Teaching experience with an institution recognised by Senate
(iv) A professional qualification from a recognised professional body
(v) A qualification approved by the Senate from time to time
- Entry requirements for International Candidates who are writing their Thesis/ Dissertation in English:
(i) A band 6 for IELTS; or
(ii) A score of 550 paper based total, a score of 213 for computer-based total for TOEFL.
- Exit requirements for International candidates following courses and/or writing thesis/ dissertation in languages other than English:
(i) A band 5 for IELTS; or
(ii) TOEFL 500-549
Without IELTS or TOEFL: Candidates must attend and pass the English Language Proficiency Programme (ELP) conducted by University of Malaya Centre for Continuing Education (UMCCed) at the level stipulated by the University.
The Master of Instructional Technology (Instructional Design) program structure is based on a contemporary approach to cultivating excellent educators, teachers, trainers and instructional designers. Curriculum content is designed based on the development of education from the perspective of services and teaching in line with the National Philosophy of Education, National Vision, National Transformation Plan and Malaysian Education Development Plan (Higher Education) 2013-2025.
The program includes forty-five (45) credit hours including Nine (9) credit hours for the Program Core Course (Required for Specialization), Six (6) credit hours for Specialized Elective Courses and Thirty (30) credit hours for dissertations involving lectures, assignments, discussions, presentations, research, visits and technology-based approaches.
Fee for local student
Fee for international student
*Subject to approval by the university.
Payment of fees is based on semester subject to the prescribed amount.
A Malaysian candidate who wishes to pursue a programme of study at the University of Malaya must fulfill the University's entry requirements as follows:
- Passed the Sijil Pelajaran Malaysia (SPM) with a credit (Grade C) in Bahasa Melayu/Bahasa Malaysia subject or a credit (Grade C) in Bahasa Melayu/Bahasa Malaysia July paper and pass in History; and
- Achieve a minimum Band in the Malaysian University English Test (MUET) as required in special requirements of the programme. and
- Fulfilled any of the programme Entry Requirements as below: