Master of Renewable Energy
This programme is very suitable for fresh graduates as well as professionals who are looking to develop their knowledge, expertise and skills, as well as practising engineers who are looking for career advancements in the field of Renewable Energy. Our graduates will find many opportunities to go on to impressive careers as policy makers, professional scientists, consultants, managers or engineers across the latest Renewable Energy technologies, power generation from Renewable Energy, distribution and demand management and so on.
Entry requirements for this program are as follows:
Bachelor's Degree with honors in the field of Engineering or Science related or equivalent.
Other qualifications as may be approved by the Senate from time to time.
Need to have at least:
IELTS: Band 5.5 (academic)
TOEFL: 550 paper-based / 213 computer-based / 80 internet-based
The programme has a total of forty two (42) credit hours consisting of:
- Five (5) core courses whereby each course carries three (3) credit hours; AND
- Research Project, twelve (12) credit hours; AND
- Five (5) elective courses whereby each course carries three (3) credit hours; OR
- Any other courses offered by UMPEDAC.
- Core Courses
- Research Methodology
- Research Project
- Energy and Sustainable Development
- Energy Policy
- Energy Conservation and Management
- Foundation of Renewable Energy
- Elective Courses
- Energy and Environment
- Renewable Energy Resources and Applications
- Smart Grid
- Biomass Energy
- Hydrogen Economy
- Energy Storage Technology
- Zero Carbon Buildings
- Energy Economy
- Solar Energy
- Hydro Energy
Fee for local student
Fee for international student
*Subject to approval by the university.
Payment of fees is based on semester subject to the prescribed amount.
A Malaysian candidate who wishes to pursue a programme of study at the University of Malaya must fulfill the University's entry requirements as follows:
- Passed the Sijil Pelajaran Malaysia (SPM) with a credit (Grade C) in Bahasa Melayu/Bahasa Malaysia subject or a credit (Grade C) in Bahasa Melayu/Bahasa Malaysia July paper and pass in History; and
- Achieve a minimum Band in the Malaysian University English Test (MUET) as required in special requirements of the programme. and
- Fulfilled any of the programme Entry Requirements as below: