Master of Shariah (Islamic Management and Finance)
- Coursework and Research
A good bachelor’s degree in Shariah with a minimum CGPA 3.0 or second class honours from recognized universities. Bachelor in general Islamic Studies or other certificates with Islamic majors can be considered as equivalent to Shariah bachelor degree, or other qualifications approved by the Senate from time to time.
Before registering, international candidates who are writing their dissertation in English are required to obtain at least band 5.5 for IELTS or a score of 550 for the paper based total, a sore of 213 for computer- based total or a score of 80 for internet-based total for TOEFL in their first degree was not obtained from a university that uses English Language as the medium of instruction.
This programme is designed in the following two modes:
- Coursework and Research (Mixed mode)
- Research only
Students may also choose to undertake research in the one of the following programme of specialization:
- Master of Shari’ah (Fiqh and Usul)- Mixed mode
- Master of Shari’ah (Shariah Law) - Mixed mode
- Master of Shari’ah (Islamic Economics) - Mixed mode
- Master of Shari’ah (Islamic Management and Finance) - Mixed mode
- Master of Shari’ah ( Islamic Politics and Administration) - Mixed mode
- Master of Shariah-Full Research
Fresh graduates are highly recommended to select programs with coursework and research. In choosing a coursework programme, the candidate will gain depth of knowledge and be trained in the chosen field of study. A research programme offers the opportunity to hone their skills in both research and academic writing. Candidates are required to complete their studies in 8 semesters maximum.
For Full Research programme:
Candidates are required to attend and pass Research Methodology course within the first two semesters of candidature and all the graduation requirements before being conferred the Degree
For Mixed mode programme:
Candidates are required to complete the compulsory coursework prepared by the Faculty, and any electives chosen by the candidate. At the end of the period of study, a dissertation must be submitted. Upon successful defense of the dissertation, the candidate will be awarded a Master degree.
1. Faculty Core Courses
- Methodology Of Shariah Studies
- Research Methodology
2. Department of Shariah and Economics
- Advanced Islamic Economic Studies
- Contemporary Issues in Islamic Economics Transactions
- Contemporary Ijtihad in Islamic Economics
Fee for local student
Fee for international student
*Subject to approval by the university.
Payment of fees is based on semester subject to the prescribed amount.