Business English Communication
English is essential if you want to get ahead in today’s fast paced and globalized world. Since English at work is different from general, conversational English, our course has been specifically designed to meet your needs. We will equip you with the skills you require to communicate effectively and confidently in the business world.
The objective is to give an overview of the Basic Introductory English Course for working adults who wish to improve their English proficiency.
UMCCed, dedicated to the ideals of lifelong education, offers numerous programmes to working adults who wish to acquire additional knowledge and skills related to their vocation for career advancement.
Working adults who wish to improve their English proficiency in speaking, listening, reading and writing.
- Communicate more confidently.
- Speak more accurately and fluently.
- Improve your written English.
- Expand your vocabulary.
- Improve your understanding of grammar.
- Compose business E-mail, letters & Business writing.
- Develop presentation and social skills.
In this course, you can expect to improve your language and writing skills in the following areas, by:
- Reading and understanding comprehension texts skilfully.
- Answering comprehension questions accurately.
- Compose professional business e-mails and letters
- Be equipped with the necessary oral presentation skills
- Applying appropriate vocabulary and grammar in writing for academic and business purposes.
This intensive course uses task-based approach with hands-on activities, role-plays and simulations designed to develop essential language skills.
This programme comprises of a 8- week schedule (4 hours per week);
(32 hours of teaching and learning).
Weekend Classes (Saturday)
Every Saturdays from 9am until 1pm.
Intake 1- 20 February - 10 April 2021
Intake 2 - 5 June - 24 July 2021
Intake 3 - 4 September - 23 October 2021
Intake 4 - 30 October - 18 December 2021
Participants who have successfully completed the program will be awarded a Certificate of Completion by University of Malaya Centre for Continuing Education.