Malay Language Proficiency Programme (Intermediate)
Malay language for Intermediate is a part of Modern Foreign Language programme that is meant for non-native adult learners who wish to continue their learning and expand their understanding and skill in Malay at Intermediate level. The Malay Language Proficiency Programme at Intermediate level is aimed to train participants to become proficient in the Malay listening, social conversation, reading and informal writing.
- use Malay Language in professional, academic and social contexts.
- gain competency in social discourse fields.
- engage in discussions on related issues.
- read excerpts from books and magazines and understand Malay prose.
- write memos and messages, respond to emails and write simple description.
- listen to audio speeches, documentaries and intense text, and provide clear comprehension accounts
Participants will be exploring Malaysia which comprises of themes of culture, cuisine, environment, history, leisure activities, places of interest, transport, people and wellbeing, customs and tradition, weather and other relevant reading materials.
Who should Attend
Expatriates, foreign students, public (homemakers, retirees etc), Political officers and Malaysians residing or studying abroad.
(Every Monday & Wednesday)
2.00pm – 6.00pm (100 Hours)
4.00pm – 8.00pm (100 Hours)
Discussions, role plays, practice sessions, interactive and integrated learning, social encounter, presentation, simulations, etc.
- Continuous Assessment : 60% (Exercise, Quizzes, interactive activity and Test).
- Examination :40%(Listening + Speaking + Reading + Writing).
Awarding of Certificate
The certificate will be awarded by University of Malaya Centre for Continuing Education upon successful completion of the course.
Fees can be paid in full or by instalment
- 30 March - 29 June 2020 (Every Monday & Wednesday)
- 5 May – 3 August 2020 (Every Monday & Wednesday)